AVC Winter Conference Offers Diverse CE
The Academy of Veterinary Consultants (AVC) will hold its 2019 Winter Conference at the Intercontinental Hotel at the Plaza, Kansas City, Mo., on Thursday, December 5 to Saturday, December 7. The program offers a wide variety of topics related to beef-cattle practice, while the location, on Kansas City’s Plaza shopping district provides a festive holiday atmosphere and shopping opportunities.
The conference kicks off Thursday evening with a reception and dinner program hosted by Bayer Animal Health, with a discussion of Zelnate and death-loss reduction.
The educational program on Friday and Saturday morning includes:
- Concomitant use of Antimicrobials in human medicine
- Challenges and opportunities in the ranching industry
- Techniques and outcomes for common field surgeries in cattle
- Working with Confined Cow/Calf Operations
- Anaplasmosis Vaccines:Past, Present and Future
- Recent research related to use of Chlortetracycline(CTC) for Anaplasmosis control
- Feedyard reflections
- Determination of Optimum Post Metaphylactic Interval when Zuprevo is administered to feedlot steers at high risk of developing bovine respiratory disease
- Effect of Revalor-XH on feed yard performance, carcass characteristics and feed intake
- Synovex One Grass vs. Synovex C vs. Negative Control in Suckling Calves
- A dynamic, but practical approach to ergot alkaloids
- Navigating the alternative protein marketplace
- The National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility - Protecting the Nation's Food Supply and Public Health
- Appropriate use of statistics
The full program and registration information are available on the AVC website.