Bragging rights: Top Veterinary Universities
The University of California – Davis again earns the highest ranking among U.S. veterinary universities in the annual QS World University Rankings.
The rankings are prepared by Quacquarelli Symonds, a British firm widely considered to be one of the most influential international university rankings providers. QS rankings are based on reputational surveys and research citations, including overall rankings and rankings by subject matter.
Globally, QS ranks UC – Davis in the second spot for 2019, behind the Royal Veterinary College in London. The top 25 veterinary universities in the 2019 QS list feature 11 North American schools. These include:
- University of California – Davis (#2)
- Cornell University (#5)
- University of Guelph (#7)
- The Ohio State University (#8)
- Michigan State University (#11)
- University of Minnesota (#13)
- University of Pennsylvania (#18)
- Texas A&M University (#20)
- Colorado State University (#23)
- Iowa State University (#24)
While the placement order has changed in recent years, and most of the top 25 have consistently ranked highly in the QS system.
See previous QS rankings for veterinary universities on BovineVetOnline:
2018 QS World University Rankings, Veterinary Science
2017 QS World University Rankings, Veterinary Science