WVC today opens registration for its 2018 continuing education (CE) program with over 30 hands-on courses available at the state-of-the-art Oquendo Center in Las Vegas. Veterinary professionals can choose from over 650 CE hours from the labs offered throughout the year. World-class instructors will lead courses on topics of dentistry, endoscopy, ultrasound imaging, ophthalmology, and orthopedic and soft tissue surgery.
Lead faculty will instruct two new hands-on courses for 2018:
- Advanced Spinal Surgery Level Two with Dr. Karl Kraus
- Ophthalmic Examination Techniques for the General Practitioner with Dr. David Maggs
Sold-out courses from 2017 that will return for 2018 include:
- Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy with Dr. Brian Beale
- Flexible and Rigid Endoscopy with Dr. Todd Tams
- Practical Techniques in Soft Tissue and Orthopedic Surgery with Dr. Howard Seim
- Top Ten Surgical Procedures with Dr. Don Waldron
- Ultrasound Basic, Intermediate and In-Depth with Dr. Ryan King
“We estimate that nearly 1,500 individuals will attend WVC labs in 2017 and expect that number to increase for 2018,” said WVC Chief Veterinary Medical Officer Dr. Anthony Pease.
For almost 90 years, WVC has been a leader in providing veterinary CE as host of the WVC Annual Conference, a five-day educational event held in Las Vegas that attracts almost 15,000 veterinary professionals every year. In 2009, WVC opened its state-of-the-art training facility in Las Vegas, the Oquendo Center, to provide year-round hands-on training.
For a list of WVC CE programs available, visit wvc.org/ce. Additional programs will be announced later this year.