By Mary Magnuson
In the old days—like last year—you’d have to pack your boots, raincoat and sunscreen and take three days away from your farm to get the cutting-edge information a farm show offers. Not any more.
Tune into Farm Journal Field Days—Aug. 25 to Aug. 27—and enjoy all the benefits of the first virtual farm show experience. Of course, there’s no travel. So no time away from your farm. It’s free—and convenient—so anyone on your team can jump online and take in a session or two. And you’ll find all the exclusive resources, amazing sessions, and insider tips you expect from a great event.
Check out these 7 don’t-miss speakers—and register your team today!
What Will Livestock Technology Look Like in the Face of COVID-19?
Speakers: Dan Thomson & Aidan Connolly
- Dan Thomson is a third-generation bovine veterinarian from Clearfield, Iowa. An internationally recognized leader in animal welfare, beef cattle production and cattle health management, Thomson is the founder and host of Doc Talk, a nationally aired television show about beef cattle health that reaches more than 45 million homes world-wide.
- Aidan Connolly is CEO of Cainthus, an Irish artificial intelligence company that uses computer vision to monitor animals. Cainthus combines unparalleled expertise and cutting-edge innovation to passively monitor cows and farm management practices 24/7, alerting the farmer when it matters most.
Prenups, Postnups and Buy-Sell Agreements ... Oh My! How to Keep Assets in the Blood
Speaker: Polly Dobbs
- As the owner of Dobbs Legal Group, LLC, Polly Dobbs focuses on estate and wealth transfer planning and business succession planning. Having grown up on a farm, she understands the issues facing farm families, and she has extensive experience in farm succession planning. Her passion lies in helping family-owned farms and closely held businesses achieve a smooth succession.
COVID-19’s Financial Impact on Farmers
Speaker: Paul Neiffer
- Paul Neiffer, CPA, is an agribusiness certified public accountant and business adviser with CliftonLarsonAllen specializing in income taxation, accounting services and succession planning for farmers and agribusiness processors. He’s a regular speaker at national conferences and he authors a monthly column for Top Producer and agweb.com.
How Do I Motivate "Joe" And Myself?
Speakers: Sarah Beth Aubrey & Bob Milligan
- Sarah Beth Aubrey’s mission is to enhance success and profitability in agriculture by building capacity in people. She strives to foster that potential through one-on-one executive coaching, facilitating peer groups and leading boards through change-based planning initiatives. She’s the author of five books, she serves as adjunct faculty member at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, and she writes the Farm CEO Coach column in Top Producer.
- Bob Milligan is a senior consultant with Dairy Strategies, LLC, and Professor Emeritus at Cornell University. His goal: Success for owners, managers, and employees through increased performance and enhanced job satisfaction. He focuses on human resource management, strategy, and organizational development for small business managers.
Trends and Predictions for Used Machinery Values
Speaker: Greg Peterson
- Greg Peterson has over 25 years of experience in the machinery business. His website, MachineryPete.com, is the premier, online destination for farmers and dealers, providing a comprehensive used farm equipment search experience with tens of thousands of farm equipment listings. The site also offers dealers innovative multimedia marketing solutions, including local market intelligence, targeted online advertising and site analytics. His auction pricing database (available with subscription) totals close to 500,000 auction sale prices on roughly 70 categories of equipment, making it the most comprehensive and complete of its kind. He authors regular columns for Farm Journal and Top Producer.