John Maday took over as editor of Bovine Veterinarian in the spring of 2013. Prior to that, he spent nearly 20 years covering the cattle industry for beef producers with Drovers/CattleNetwork. His interests in animal health, nutrition, genetics, reproduction and welfare transfer well into his role communicating with veterinarians and other dairy and beef professionals. A Wisconsin native, he earned a BS in Agronomy from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and MS degree in Extension Education from the University of Florida.
Angela Bowman, staff writer, joined Bovine Veterinarian in 2010, and today handles many aspects of the magazine’s online presence. She graduated with honors from Ottawa University and combines her rural upbringing and agricultural background to create fresh, useful articles that are both relevant to the industry and interesting to read.
Dave McClellan, PhD – Dave, who our beef-cattle nutrition column, is a consulting nutritionist who works with feedyards across the Midwest and Plains regions.
Robert Corbett, DVM, PAS, ACAN – Robert writes our dairy-cattle nutrition column. He is a veterinarian and a nutritionist with diplomate status in the American College of Animal Nutrition.
Mark Andrew Junkin – Andrew writes on issues relating to family farms, such as succession planning and conflict resolution. He is the author of “Farming with Family Ain’t Always Easy” and subcontracts with veterinary clinics to help veterinarians address these issues with clients.
Erika Osmundson and Mary M. Barefoot, AgCareers.com – Erica and Mary provide columns on employees and personnel management issues of importance to veterinary clinics.
Reflecting the needs of veterinarians to serve as diversified business consultants, Bovine Veterinarian regularly includes columns from a broad spectrum of experts. Topics include beef and dairy nutrition, estate and succession planning, employee relations and personnel management. We also call upon the expertise of veterinarians and other professionals as guest feature writers. Over the past year, these have included:
- Mike Apley, DVM, PhD, Kansas State University
- Arn Anderson, DVM, Cross Timbers Veterinary Hospital, Bowie, Texas
- Grant Dewell, DVM, MS, PhD, beef Extension veterinarian, Iowa State University
- Dee Griffin, DVM. MS, University of Nebraska
- Suzanne Kurtz, PhD, Washington State University
- Dale A. Moore, DVM, MS, PhD, MPVM, Washington State University
- Joe Neary, MA, MS, VetMB, PhD, Colorado State University
- Gerald Stokka, DVM, MS, North Dakota State University
- Dan Thomson, DVM, PhD, Kansas State University
- John Wenz, DVM, MS, Washington State University