Geof Smith, DVM, PhD, Dipl. ACVIM, North Carolina State University, details the most accurate methods for assessment of dehydration in calves are eyeball recession into the orbit and skin tent duration in the neck region, and that all other methods of assessment are inferior to these two methods (see "Saving winter calves").
Assess calf dehydration
- IMI Global acquires Merck Animal Health's verification business
- 86th annual Western Veterinary Conference concludes in Las Vegas
- Animal-health industry commits to FDA Guidance 213
- AMI to dietary committee – stick to nutrition
- Alltech’s 30th Symposium explores health potential of algae
- Feeding acidified milk to calves