Geof Smith, DVM, PhD, Dipl. ACVIM, North Carolina State University, details the most accurate methods for assessment of dehydration in calves are eyeball recession into the orbit and skin tent duration in the neck region, and that all other methods of assessment are inferior to these two methods (see "Saving winter calves").
Assess calf dehydration
- Cheryl Marti joins Zoetis U.S. cattle & equine marketing team
- Kansas City to host Animal Health Investment Forum
- USDA report: Heifer questions, strong export demand
- Newest U.S. vet school welcomes inaugural class
- Bovine IgG Colostrum Replacement reformulated
- Eureka Genomics receives USDA grant for bovine genotyping project