Geof Smith, DVM, PhD, Dipl. ACVIM, North Carolina State University, details the most accurate methods for assessment of dehydration in calves are eyeball recession into the orbit and skin tent duration in the neck region, and that all other methods of assessment are inferior to these two methods (see "Saving winter calves").
Assess calf dehydration
- Dairy producers continue FARM animal care practice adoption
- Clarifide from Zoetis packs more information into latest version
- Miner Institute Vet's Corner: COWVAL and cow management
- Vesicular stomatitis outbreak: Impacts on livestock industry
- Tiny insect delays lucrative Australia-China cattle trade
- Reduce risk of subclinical hypocalcemia in transition dairy cows