Zoetis Inc. has extended supply agreements to continue providing its U.S. customers with the veterinary-labeled fluids essential for their patients, the company said in a news release. Recognizing the ongoing, multi-year global fluids shortage impacting animal health, Zoetis said it has been committed to finding solutions to ensure a reliable supply of fluids to veterinary customers. These products are the only veterinary-labeled fluids on the market, the news release said.
“At Zoetis, we are passionate about our customers and the animals in their care,” Kristin Peck, executive vice president and president of U.S. Operations, said. “Fluids are critically important to a wide range of disciplines in veterinary medicine, for both large and small animals. We are pleased that we will be able to continue providing veterinarians with the products they, and most importantly their patients, so urgently need.”
The following Zoetis veterinary-labeled fluids will continue to be available through distribution partners:
• Lactated Ringers Injection 1L
• Lactated Ringers Injection 5L
• Plasmalyte A Injection PH7.4 1L
• Plasmalyte A Injection PH7.4 5L
• 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection 1L
• 2.5% Dextrose & 0.45% Sodium Chloride, 1000mL
• 5% Dextrose Injection, 1000ml
• 0.9% Sodium Chloride Irrigation 500ml
• 0.9% Sodium Chloride Irrigation 1L
• Sterile Water 1L
In February, Zoetis acquired the assets of Abbott Animal Health, including its fluid products.