Over 80% of farm workers have accidentally stuck themselves with a needle. This includes farmers and employees who work on dairy or swine farms. The Upper Midwest Agricultural Safety and Health Center (UMASH) has four new videos posted on YouTube in English or Spanish and each video discusses:
• Most common injuries associated with needlesticks
• Guidelines for correct use
• Products or biologics of most concern
• Proper disposal in approved sharps containers
• Steps to take if injured while injecting.
Each video is an educational resource intended for farmers, ranchers, farm employees, veterinarians, human resources training staff and those involved with worker health and safety training/education. See more!