WHAT: The sixth annual KC Animal Health Investment Forum, the world’s only full-day investment forum exclusively for emerging animal health companies, will take place August 26.
Over a dozen animal health companies from across North America will present business plans and technologies to potential investors. Innovations include antibiotic-free drugs for food animals, stem cell products for bone healing, mobile devices to monitor pet fitness and activity, new vaccines for emerging diseases, and a cold plasma treatment for wound healing.
Presenting companies are seeking $500,000 to $20 million in funding and have revenue projections of $20 million within five to seven years. Companies presenting at previous Forums have raised more than $130 million.
WHO: Forum attendees include representatives from venture capital funds, investment firms, corporate R&D and business development professionals.
- Ian Spinks, President & General Manager, Bayer HealthCare, Animal Health Division
- Christina Edwards, Animal Scientist, Office of New Animal Drug Evaluation, U.S. FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine
- Charles Hoare, Head of Global Healthcare, Commerzbank
- Kimberly Young, VP, Bioscience Development, Kansas City Area Development Council
- Bob Marcusse, President, Kansas City Area Development Council
WHEN: Tuesday, August 26, 7:30am – 5:00pm. A full agenda is available here.
WHERE: Kansas City KC Convention Center | Grand Ballroom, 301 West 13th Street, Kansas City, MO 64105
About the KC Animal Health Corridor
The KC Animal Health Corridor, anchored by Manhattan, Kan., and Columbia, Mo., is home to more than 300 animal health companies, representing the largest concentration in the world. For more information, visit KCanimalhealth.com