Liz Bauer The nutritionists and consultants at Great Plains Livestock Consulting Inc., Eagle, Neb., offer these timely reminders for beef cattle during this winter season:
- Clean manure out of pens.
- Make sure feed is analyzed and rations are in place.
- Now is a good time to stretegically deworm cows after we have had a good freeze.
- Make sure you pregnancy test all cows and cull open famles in order to save feed resources.
- Sort cows by body condition adn feed groups accordingly in order to get thin cows back into better shape before spring calving.
- Evaluate bulls and begin to make bull buying decisions for next year.
Visti GPLC here.