Tips for spring calving herds:
- Be sure to record calving information. Records are very helpful when trying to make herd management improvements.
- Mark your calendar for a date to turn in bulls. Also mark a date 60-90 days later to remove the bulls.
- Deworm cows
- Plan to process calves:
- Castrate bulls and implant
- Tag calves if not already done
- If you did not record information at birth, calves can be tagged and then matched up and recorded once they "pair up" with their dam.
Tips for fall calving herds:
- Deworm Cows
- Plan Marketing
- Vaccinate Calves
See this University of Arkansas Extension Fact Sheet for recommendtion vaccination schedules.