Mark Walton, PhD, chief marketing officer for Recombinetics, describes how gene-splicing technology can advance livestock genetics, and how the precautionary principle can stifle innovation in food production.
The precautionary principle
- Vesicular stomatitis outbreak: Impacts on livestock industry
- Tiny insect delays lucrative Australia-China cattle trade
- Reduce risk of subclinical hypocalcemia in transition dairy cows
- In disease outbreak management, flexibility can save lives, money
- Calves with Sam: Use caution when reading research results
- Merial supports infectious disease PhD program