The USDA Agricultural Research Service’ National Program on Veterinary, Medical, and Urban Entomology has the mission to develop more effective means to eliminate or suppress insects and ticks that harm agricultural animals and humans. We request input from stakeholders on what we can do better to perform research on the control of insects and ticks that affect livestock, poultry, and people.
In the past, as a way of gaining input, every five years the Agricultural Research Service’s Veterinary, Medical, and Urban Entomology Program held a stakeholder workshop to discuss program objectives. As a result of cost savings initiatives, we are pleased to announce a change from a physical meeting to a virtual location, which allow us to reach a larger audience while also saving tax dollars.
The Open.Gov website requires registration to post ideas or comments. We would appreciate your thoughts on the research we should perform during the next five year cycle (2014-2019).
To post ideas and comments, you must register first (top right hand corner)
- There is a tan colored box on the top right-hand corner that says “Register”
- After registering, Login entering the email username and password you registered with (top left)
- Click on the IdeaSpace topic (Left-hand side of page) you wish to comment on and then click on New Idea located on the upper right side of the page.
- Be sure to click on Save Idea when you have completed posting your comment.
- You will then need to click on the next IdeaSpace topic to enter new comments.
You may also choose to attend one or more of our webinars. The webinars will discuss the same question in Opengov, consisting of a short introduction and an open discussion revolving around five different topics. The dates and topics of discussion are as follows:
- Feb. 19, 3 pm – 5 pm (EST): Research toward registration and licensing of products
- Feb. 20, 3 pm – 5 pm (EST): Research on protecting the public from insects and ticks
- Feb. 21, 3 pm – 5 pm (EST): Research on protecting the military from insects and ticks
- Feb. 22, 3 pm – 5 pm (EST): Research on protecting livestock and poultry from insects and pests
- Feb. 25, 3 – 5 pm (EST): Research on protecting agriculture and the public from damage caused by invasive species of ants
Stakeholder input is a critical part of the Agricultural Research Service’ research planning cycle, and with this approach we can widen the range of input.
For further information about our Veterinary, Medical, and Urban Entomology National Program, click here.