Although it is commonly known as “high-altitude disease,” bovine pulmonary hypertension (BPH) can occur in cattle at lower elevations. Joe Neary MA, MS, VetMB, has focused much of his research on BPH and outlines some of the latest thinking on factors involved in the condition.
High-altitude disease in cattle at lower elevations
- Vaccination: A viable but complex option
- Putting the brakes on bacteria growth in colostrum
- Zoetis brings on-farm diagnostic tests to dairies in China
- Genetics, environment influence cattle hair shedding
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- Appeals court rules with FDA on feed antibiotics