Following the April 16-17 National Institute for Animal Agriculture Conference, a special Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) Symposium will be conducted April 17-18 to discuss the challenges of controlling FMD while maintaining continuity of business.
Discussions will center on:
- Government response plans and strategies
- Lessons learned from responses to FMD in other countries
- Identifying strategies needed for managing movement
- Streamlining permitting processes
- Needed biosecurity protocols
“Having perspectives from stakeholders throughout the food supply chain at the table is essential for moving FMD preparedness forward in the United States,” says Dr. Julie Smith, Dairy Extension Specialist from Vermont and Chair of the symposium. “This is your opportunity to provide input and have an impact.”