Sid Thakur, MVS, PhD, with the College of Veterinary Medicine at North Carolina State University, outlines his research into pathogen populations, and antimicrobial resistance, at different livestock-production stages. He finds considerable changes in the types of pathogens present as animals move from farms, through markets and into slaughter facilities.
Environment’s role in pathogen populations
- Hall of Fame honors pioneering bovine veterinarians
- Merck Animal Health to market Neogen’s dairy genomic program
- New executive actions to combat antibiotic resistance
- Stocker study compares Longrange to conventional dewormers
- AHI comment on PCAST report on antibiotic resistance
- Angela Daniels named Quality Assurance Veterinarian of the Year