Sid Thakur, MVS, PhD, with the College of Veterinary Medicine at North Carolina State University, outlines his research into pathogen populations, and antimicrobial resistance, at different livestock-production stages. He finds considerable changes in the types of pathogens present as animals move from farms, through markets and into slaughter facilities.
Environment’s role in pathogen populations
- BCF Technology launches 2014 student competition
- PAACO schedules auditor training in Nebraska
- Mixed start for 2014 ag trade
- IMI Global acquires Merck Animal Health's verification business
- 86th annual Western Veterinary Conference concludes in Las Vegas
- Animal-health industry commits to FDA Guidance 213