Cow maintenance represents a considerable cost to ranchers, but today’s technology could offer alternatives. George Seidel, PhD., a Colorado State University distinguished professor and rancher, describes a system using sexed semen to breed an all-heifer herd and marketing heifers as feeder cattle once they’ve weaned their first calf.
Drop the cow from cow-calf production?
- AGree releases papers on challenges facing agriculture
- Timing and method is everything for dehorning and castration
- Amino acid being studied to help breed cows during drought
- Herd health: Making a case for case definitions
- Activity and rumination monitors enhance excellent genetics
- Caution: Prussic acid poisoning can be a problem during grazing