Cow maintenance represents a considerable cost to ranchers, but today’s technology could offer alternatives. George Seidel, PhD., a Colorado State University distinguished professor and rancher, describes a system using sexed semen to breed an all-heifer herd and marketing heifers as feeder cattle once they’ve weaned their first calf.
Drop the cow from cow-calf production?
- Alltech’s 30th Symposium explores health potential of algae
- Feeding acidified milk to calves
- Effects of post-AI nutrition management on pregnancy results
- Tips for controlling respiratory disease
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- APHIS moving toward next steps in traceability