Cow maintenance represents a considerable cost to ranchers, but today’s technology could offer alternatives. George Seidel, PhD., a Colorado State University distinguished professor and rancher, describes a system using sexed semen to breed an all-heifer herd and marketing heifers as feeder cattle once they’ve weaned their first calf.
Drop the cow from cow-calf production?
- Online training provides continuing education for veterinarians
- High-altitude disease in cattle at lower elevations
- Zoetis offers comments on FDA’s Guidance 213
- Tyson imposes animal welfare requirements on beef producers
- FDA issues guidance for judicious antimicrobial use
- Re-thinking Histophilus somni