The first Dairy Cattle Welfare Symposium, hosted by the University of Guelph and its Campbell Centre for the Study of Animal Welfare, will take place Oct. 24-26 in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. The symposium will feature:
- Formal sessions with overview presentations by renowned keynote speakers
- Oral research reports and poster presentations based on submitted manuscripts
- Hands-on interactive workshops at the University of Guelph
- Exhibit area
- Conference banquet
The symposium will provide dairy producers, researchers, veterinarians and other industry professionals an opportunity to share recent research findings, discuss solutions to the current welfare issues facing dairy farms and to network with other conference attendees.
- Margit Bak Jensen, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Hans Coetzee, Iowa State University, USA
- Trevor DeVries, University of Guelph, Canada
- David Fraser, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Jeffrey Rushen, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Canada
- Marina Von Keyserlingk, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Dan Weary, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Becky Whay, Bristol University, UK
Manuscripts for oral and poster presentations are now being accepted. For more details on manuscript submissions, visit the website.