Consulting veterinarian Bob Smith outlines some of the steps his feedyard and stocker clients are taking to protect the health of nutritionally stressed calves arriving on their operations.
Addressing health challenges at receiving
- Vaccination: A viable but complex option
- Putting the brakes on bacteria growth in colostrum
- Zoetis brings on-farm diagnostic tests to dairies in China
- Genetics, environment influence cattle hair shedding
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- Appeals court rules with FDA on feed antibiotics