Cow maintenance represents a considerable cost to ranchers, but today’s technology could offer alternatives. George Seidel, PhD., a Colorado State University distinguished professor and rancher, describes a system using sexed semen to breed an all-heifer herd and marketing heifers as feeder cattle once they’ve weaned their first calf.
Drop the cow from cow-calf production?
- Beef cow-calf nutrition consultation
- Prussic acid testing in forages
- Six universities launch animal ag industry climate change website
- Become BQA certified for free through October 31
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Hall of Fame recognizes renowned beef and dairy veterinarians