Cow maintenance represents a considerable cost to ranchers, but today’s technology could offer alternatives. George Seidel, PhD., a Colorado State University distinguished professor and rancher, describes a system using sexed semen to breed an all-heifer herd and marketing heifers as feeder cattle once they’ve weaned their first calf.
Drop the cow from cow-calf production?
- Vesicular stomatitis outbreak: Impacts on livestock industry
- Tiny insect delays lucrative Australia-China cattle trade
- Reduce risk of subclinical hypocalcemia in transition dairy cows
- In disease outbreak management, flexibility can save lives, money
- Calves with Sam: Use caution when reading research results
- Merial supports infectious disease PhD program