Cow maintenance represents a considerable cost to ranchers, but today’s technology could offer alternatives. George Seidel, PhD., a Colorado State University distinguished professor and rancher, describes a system using sexed semen to breed an all-heifer herd and marketing heifers as feeder cattle once they’ve weaned their first calf.
Drop the cow from cow-calf production?
- Cheryl Marti joins Zoetis U.S. cattle & equine marketing team
- Kansas City to host Animal Health Investment Forum
- USDA report: Heifer questions, strong export demand
- Newest U.S. vet school welcomes inaugural class
- Bovine IgG Colostrum Replacement reformulated
- Eureka Genomics receives USDA grant for bovine genotyping project