Sid Thakur, MVS, PhD, with the College of Veterinary Medicine at North Carolina State University, outlines his research into pathogen populations, and antimicrobial resistance, at different livestock-production stages. He finds considerable changes in the types of pathogens present as animals move from farms, through markets and into slaughter facilities.
Environment’s role in pathogen populations
- AABP elects new officers, board members
- Scholarship winners recognized during AABP Conference
- Dr. Mark Hardesty named 2014 Bovine Practitioner of the Year
- Amstutz live and silent auctions raise almost $60,000
- Merck Animal Health honors Dr. John Fetrow
- Dr. Bechtol enters Hall of Fame as the 2014 beef inductee