Sid Thakur, MVS, PhD, with the College of Veterinary Medicine at North Carolina State University, outlines his research into pathogen populations, and antimicrobial resistance, at different livestock-production stages. He finds considerable changes in the types of pathogens present as animals move from farms, through markets and into slaughter facilities.
Environment’s role in pathogen populations
- Zinpro announces 2014 Young Scholar Award recipients
- Some like it hot, but cows in heat do not
- New web-based decision tools for dairy producers
- Rising calf prices warrant attention to fetal protection
- Dr. Lonnie King to keynote NIAA Antibiotic Symposium
- Attend AABP, win and Easi-Scan ultrasound system