Geof Smith, DVM, PhD, Dipl. ACVIM, North Carolina State University, details the most accurate methods for assessment of dehydration in calves are eyeball recession into the orbit and skin tent duration in the neck region, and that all other methods of assessment are inferior to these two methods (see "Saving winter calves").
Assess calf dehydration
- AABP elects new officers, board members
- Scholarship winners recognized during AABP Conference
- Dr. Mark Hardesty named 2014 Bovine Practitioner of the Year
- Amstutz live and silent auctions raise almost $60,000
- Merck Animal Health honors Dr. John Fetrow
- Dr. Bechtol enters Hall of Fame as the 2014 beef inductee