Geof Smith, DVM, PhD, Dipl. ACVIM, North Carolina State University, details the most accurate methods for assessment of dehydration in calves are eyeball recession into the orbit and skin tent duration in the neck region, and that all other methods of assessment are inferior to these two methods (see "Saving winter calves").
Assess calf dehydration
- APHIS moving toward next steps in traceability
- Bovine euthanasia guidelines available from AABP
- Minnesota Dairy Health Conference
- AABP bovine euthanasia guidelines available in English, Spanish
- 12th Annual Leading Dairy Producer Conference hosts 212 farms
- Article addresses efficacy of blood test for pregnancy detection