Geof Smith, DVM, PhD, Dipl. ACVIM, North Carolina State University, details the most accurate methods for assessment of dehydration in calves are eyeball recession into the orbit and skin tent duration in the neck region, and that all other methods of assessment are inferior to these two methods (see "Saving winter calves").
Assess calf dehydration
- Cornell genetic testing process cuts costs by up to 75 percent
- 100K Pathogen Genome Project maps first genomes
- USDA approves newly formulated PULMO-GUARD vaccine for cattle
- UK first in EU to get Merck's new Schmallenberg vaccine
- K-State launches MAB program for animal health professionals
- Zoetis, Texas Tech partner in Salmonella research