At the August 2012 meeting of the Academy of Veterinary Consultants in Kansas City, the AVC board of directors underwent media training provided by Osborn Barr of Kansas City and St. Louis, Mo., with assistance from Bovine Veterinarian magazine.
AVC refines messages with media training
- Groups respond to FDA antibiotics guidance
- USDA raises estimate of corn use, lowers price forecast
- Fresh cow health among top 10 keys for dairy financial success
- Cull cows: Profit center or economic drain
- FDA plans to phase out some antibiotic use on farms
- Online training provides continuing education for veterinarians