Earl Aalseth, PhD, DVM, a dairy practitioner from Lake Stevens, Wash., has been awarded the AABP/Boehringer Ingelheim Practitioner of the Year at last week’s 45tj Annual American Association of Bovine Practitioners meeting in Montreal, Canada.
AABP Outstanding award winners
As always, highlights of AABP include the numerous veterinarians honored by their peers. The following awards were given at the AABP annual business meeting and awards luncheon:
- Boehringer Ingelheim Practitioner of the Year, Dr. Earl Aalseth, Lake Stevens, Wash.
- AABP Award of Excellence, Dr. Roger Ellis, Granville, N.Y.
- Merial AABP Award for Excellence in Preventive Beef Medicine, Dr. Mark Hilton, West Lafayette, Ind.
- Merial AABP Award for Excellence in Preventive Dairy Medicine, Dr. Allan Britten, Boise, Idaho
- Pfizer Animal Health/AABP Distinguished Service Award, Dr. Keith Sterner, Ionia, Mich.
- Merck Animal Health Mentor of the Year Award, Dr. Arthur Currey, Fowlerville, Mich.
- AABP/Merial James A. Jarrett Award for Young Leaders, Dr. Jennifer Hatcher, College Grove, Tenn.
Other AABP awards:
2012 Cattle Production Veterinarian Hall of Fame, sponsored by Merck Animal Health, Bovine Veterinarian, AABP, AVC and Osborn Barr:
Dairy: Dr. Jim Jarrett (posthumously)
Beef: Dr. John Herrick (posthumously)
AgriLabs Dr. Bruce Wren Continuing Education Grant
Beef: Dr. Seth Hartter, Bloomfield, Iowa
Dairy: Dr. David Hudson, Palmyra, Mo.
Merial and Dairy Quality Center Dairy Quality Veterinarian of the Year, Stephen Wadsworth, St. Albans, Vt.
AABP Foundation/Hooftrimmers Association Joint Research Award, Iowa State University
The 2013 AABP conference will be held Sept. 19-21, 2013, in Milwaukee.