Animal scientist Jerry Lipsey, PhD, spent his career with breed associations and in academia. At this year’s Cattlemen’s College, he outlined some basic criteria for selecting replacement females that will contribute to productivity and profitability, saying the number-one indicator of profitability in a cow herd is stayability, or the fertile longevity of females.
What matters in heifer selection
- Alltech’s 30th Symposium explores health potential of algae
- Feeding acidified milk to calves
- Effects of post-AI nutrition management on pregnancy results
- Tips for controlling respiratory disease
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- APHIS moving toward next steps in traceability