Vance Publishing Corporation this week announced the results if its inaugural 40 Under 40 in Agriculture Awards, recognizing 40 individuals under 40 years of age for their leadership and commitment in advancing the cause to double food production by 2050.
More than 200 applicants under the age of 40 were submitted to Vance, with some as young as 14. Nominees included hardworking leaders from animal and crop production, biotechnology and university researchers to food and nutrition technology, agricultural equipment, agronomy and beyond. The candidates were nominated because of their passion for agriculture, demonstrated involvement in the food industry, and their notable record of achievement.
The final list includes several notable young cattle scientists and other professionals directly involved in the dairy or beef business.
- Tonya Amen, Genetic Service Director, American Angus Association/Angus Genetics Inc.
- Todd Bilby, Ph.D., Dairy Technical Services Manager, Merck Animal Health
- Jude Capper, Ph.D., Livestock Sustainability Consultant, Washington State
- Dustin Dean, Director of Beef Operations and Beef Product Development, Sexing Technologies
- Paul Defoor, Ph.D., Senior Vice President / Chief Operating Officer / Board Member, Cactus Feeders, Inc.
- Jeffrey DeFrain, Ph.D., Research Dairy Nutritionist, Zinpro Corporation
- Ty Lawrence, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Meat Science, West Texas A&M University
- Haley Oliver, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Food Science, Purdue University College of Agriculture
- Dale Woerner, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Center for Meat Safety & Quality, Colorado State University
Click here for a release with the full 40 Under 40 list. More information about the 40 finalists will be announced in the November print and web publications of Drovers CattleNetwork, The Packer, Dairy Herd Management, Produce Retailer, PorkNetwork, Ag Professional, Bovine Veterinarian, Citrus and Vegetable, ProduceOps, as well as the websites Red Book Credit Services, Doane Advisory Services, and Greenbook Data Solutions.