Recently acquired label claims from the Express FP family of products mean beef and dairy producers now have reassurance of its strong, long-lasting protection against key reproductive diseases and disease-induced losses.
Beginning in spring 2012, the Express FP family of vaccines will be labeled with three key new claims:
- Aids in the prevention of abortion due to infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR)
- A demonstrated 12-month duration of immunity (DOI) against:
- IBR-induced abortion
- Bovine viral diarrhea (BVD) Types 1 and 2. This also includes protection against persistently infected (PI) calves caused by BVD
- Flexibility in vaccination with approval to administer to pregnant cattle provided they were vaccinated with any Express FP vaccine in the last 12 months according to label directions.
These new claims add to Express FP’s reputation as one of the most complete modified-live virus (MLV) reproductive vaccine families on the market. Backed by a solid foundation of research, Express FP vaccines are also labeled to:
- Prevent PI calves caused by BVD Types 1 and 2
- Prevent urinary shedding of Leptospira borgpetersenii serovar hardjo (type hardjo-bovis)
- Aid in the prevention of respiratory disease caused by IBR virus, BVD Types 1 and 2, and bovine respiratory syncytial virus (BRSV)
- Aid in the reduction of respiratory disease caused by parainfluenza 3 (PI3)
- Aid in the reduction of infertility, delayed conception or abortion caused by Campylobacter fetus var. venerealis, and leptospirosis caused by five serovars of Leptospira.