Nearly $300,000 in scholarships and other awards were given to veterinary students and graduate veterinarians at the 2015 48th Annual Conference of the American Association of Bovine Practitioners in New Orleans, La. The awards, funded by AABP members, AABP partners and the AABP Foundation, will enable recipients to further pursue their careers in bovine medicine.
Many scholarships include transportation and lodging to the Annual Conference, and the Bovine Respiratory Disease Symposium has added $15,000 for 2015-2019 to augment the AABP Graduate Student Awards. Awards granted during this year’s conference include:
· Amstutz Scholarships ($7,500 each)
· Merck Animal Health Student Recognition Awards ($5,000 each)
· AABP Foundation-Zoetis Scholarships ($5,000 each)
· AABP Foundation-Cargill Scholarships ($2,000 each)
· 2015 AABP Foundation Competitive Research Grants (up to $25,000 each)
· 2015 AABP Graduate Student Awards ($2,500, $2,000 and $1,500)
2015 AABP Student Case Competition ($1,500 and $750 for each category)
· 2015 AgriLabs Dr. Bruce Wren CE Awards ($5,000 each)
Read more, including the names of all the scholarship and grant winners.