Welcome to our DocTalk page on Bovine Veterinarian ! Each week Dr. Dan Thomson and his guests will discuss important issues related to livestock welfare and management, including current animal agriculture research, ways to keep the food supply safe and companion animal health issues. Dr. Thomson is an internationally recognized leader in beef cattle production and health management, and he serves as the director of K-STATE’s Beef Cattle Institute. His guests include nationally and internationally known veterinarians and animal scientists.
DocTalk: Breeding soundness exams in bulls
Your browser requires the latest version of Adobe Flash to view this video. Upgrade by clicking below:
DocTalk Dr. Dan Thomson visits with Dr. Bob Larson, a professor and researcher at the Veterinary Teaching Hospital at Kansas State University. They will be discussing breeding soundness exams in bulls. With sub-fertility rates averaging from 10 to 20 percent in bulls, it is critical to know before the breeding season starts if your bulls are able to perform. Learn what takes place in breeding soundness exams, how stress negatively affects the performance of bulls and what age-related issues affect younger and older bulls.
- IMI Global acquires Merck Animal Health's verification business
- 86th annual Western Veterinary Conference concludes in Las Vegas
- Animal-health industry commits to FDA Guidance 213
- AMI to dietary committee – stick to nutrition
- Alltech’s 30th Symposium explores health potential of algae
- Feeding acidified milk to calves