Baise: A ban on genetically engineered crops?
Despite a quarter century of promises, agricultural biotechnology has yet to provide any concrete advancements towards reducing world hunger, ameliorating global malnutrition, combating…, creating miracle drugs through GE [genetically engineered] plants or animals, or climate change." (WRONG!) On February 25, 2014, this statement was made by the Center for Food Safety, Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility, Beyond Pesticides, and Center for Biological Diversity in a petition filed with the Secretary of Interior that seeks to ban genetically engineered crops from being used on National Wildlife Refuges. These anti-agriculture nongovernmental groups, as usual, do a... View Blog Post »
Baise: Another bull's-eye on farmland owners
Watch the government bureaucrats in December of any year. The Government Accountability Office issued a report (CLEAN WATER ACT –Changes Needed if Key EPA Program if to Help Fulfill the Nation's Water Quality Goals) in late December, 2013, which will put another EPA bull's-eye on farmland and ranch operators and owners. GAO says "…more than 25 years after Congress amended it [Clean Water Act]…to institute a program to control nonpoint source pollution, a majority of our nation's waters continue to be impaired." GAO says "Major challenges remain for addressing nonpoint source pollution." (Interpretation: too much runoff from... View Blog Post »
- Getting to know our true stakeholders
- Catch up on ADT
- Will we go over the dairy cliff?
- The science of beef quality
- U.S. oil glut makes $50 oil a possibility
- Questions continue on EHD
- Dee Griffin contributes to BRD blog
- Blog: Farmers - not activists - feed the world
- Meredith: Has PETA gone too far? It’s not even a question
- Medical waste: Your experiences?
- Meredith: Women in ag are "leaning in"
- Baise: A ban on genetically engineered crops?
- Baise: Another bull's-eye on farmland owners
- How are you using ultrasound?
- Check out the new DocTalk program
- Goal Setting: Motivation and Methods
- Creating a customized resume for your career goals
- Blog: Want lower medical expenses? Negotiate.
- Building human capital for agriculture
- Dead on arrival