This week’s 2017 50th AABP Annual Conference in Omaha, Neb., is ready to offer you great CE, entertainment, networking and fellowship with your peers and colleagues in the industry. Here are a few things to remember before your trip. See you there!
· Flying in? All conference hotels have free airport shuttles, just call your hotel to let them know you are at the airport. Cab service is approximately $12-15. Uber/Lyft services are about $8-10. The airport is approximately six miles from the CenturyLink Center.
· Omaha weather – The forecast for this week looks to be in the mid-80s.
· Download the free AABP Omaha Convention app on your SmartPhone or tablet. Stay connected with conference updates, schedules, maps, add new contacts and more! Search for “AABP” in the Android or Apple app store and download the AABP Charlotte Convention app. You can also scan the QR code in the 2017 AABP Annual Conference Pocket Guide when you get to the conference, or you can go to http://m.aabp.org/mobile_app.asp on your mobile device and find it there.
· Get your rabies titer and other wellness parameters tested at the K-State Rabies Lab booth in the exhibit hall! You can schedule an appointment (and pay) online at https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/7s0ybmsm/ to save yourself some paperwork. Or, just stop by the booth Thursday or Friday.
· Pack your running shoes if you’ve signed up for the 5K Stampede run on Saturday! Didn’t pre-register but want to run? You can register on-site at the meeting for $45. All proceeds benefit the Amstutz Scholarship Fund. The run is Saturday, Sept. 16 at 7:30 a.m. Meet in front of the Convention Center at 6:45 a.m. to walk with the group to Miller’s Landing.
· Participating in the Jobs Fair Friday night (limited to 4th year students and graduate veterinarians)? Students bring your resumes (and appropriate interview attire) and practices get ready for some great interviews – make sure to bring descriptions of your practice!
· Browse your 2017 Amstutz Auction catalog, or view the updated live and silent auction items online at http://aabp.org/auction/. Bring your wallet or checkbook! All proceeds benefit the Amstutz Scholarship Fund.
· Bringing the family and looking for things to do? Check out www.visitOmaha.com for information on dining, sightseeing and fun things to do.